Become A Member of Ottawa Tourism
If you are ready to enhance your business' profile - to visitors, tour groups, conventions, and within the local industry, then membership in Ottawa Tourism is for you.
Members of Ottawa Tourism become leaders in the local and regional tourism industry by taking advantage of information and opportunities provided exclusively to them.
As an Ottawa Tourism member you will:
- network with others in the industry at a variety of events, including the Annual General Meeting, Stars of the City, the Ottawa Tourism Awards, and more.
- have the opportunity to showcase special events or exhibits on Ottawa Tourism's online Event Calendar, or to be included on itineraries for visiting travel media.
- access research reports, forecasts and monthly statistics on hotel occupancy, motor coach tours, conventions and visitation.
- be able to select the type of membership you want. Our different membership types effectively target the tourism markets that make sense for each business, so members pay ONLY for the visibility they want.
Members can choose from none, one or any combination of our two membership options to target the tourism markets that make sense for their business.
Leisure, Tour & Travel option - You will receive:
- One business listing and the opportunity to advertise in the Visitor Guide (330,000 combined English and French copies annually).
- Placement of your business brochure at Ottawa Tourism's self-service racks located at Rideau Centre - the most highly-trafficked pedestrian location in the city.
- The opportunity to opt-in to additional Leisure Tourist promotions or advertising campaigns promoted by Ottawa Tourism.
- Business leads following Ottawa Tourism's participation at marketplaces and sales blitzes with tour operators and other travel trade professionals.
- The opportunity to participate in familiarization tours, sales blitzes and other group tour promotional opportunities.
Convention & Meeting option - You will receive:
- Profile on and convention and business leads via MeetingsEasy, Ottawa Tourism's unique interactive web-based RFP tool, as well as Ottawa Tourism’s Convention Calendar of confirmed events, updated on a quarterly basis.
- Receipt of the Convention Calendar of confirmed meetings six times per year.
- The opportunity to participate in bid proposals, familiarization tours, sales blitzes, the annual convention campaign and other convention and meeting promotional opportunities.
Members that select at least one of the options above receive a business listing on Ottawa Tourism's website, including email and website links, a company photo and written description.
Opt for Even More Visibility
Members may also get one or more extra business listing(s) in the Visitor Guide and online. Examples of businesses that could benefit are:
- Business networks or groups. The network or group becomes a member, and offers individual businesses in the group profile through a secondary listing.
- Attractions, restaurants, hotels, etc. An extra listing could promote other on-site services or facilities such as meeting space, a restaurant or retail.
- Businesses that offer more than one service. A restaurant that provides catering may also be listed as a food and beverage supplier.
Request Membership Application