Ottawa Event Calendar
September 27 – November 2, 2014
October 23 - 28, 2014
November 7 - 9, 2014
Ring in the New Year, Ottawa Style!
Looking for something fun and exciting to do on New Year’s Eve? Sparks Street Village and Ottawa City Hall are hosting outdoor events and admission is free to both of them!
At the Sparks Street Village, an open-air pedestrian mall one block south of Parliament Hill, the celebration starts at 8:00 pm on December 31 with food and drink on the street, amazing prizes, live music, DJs, and a Maple Leaf Drop and firework show at midnight. Also, don’t miss out on this year’s headliner artist, K-OS! Make sure to follow new announcements on the event’s Facebook page.
Meanwhile, over at the nearby Ottawa City Hall, the Scottish Society of Ottawa invites you to welcome 2014 Scottish-style with a New Year’s Eve Hogmanay party that aims to replicate the excitement of Edinburgh’s world famous Royal Mile as the clock strikes midnight and we enter the New Year. This family-friendly shindig will feature a mix of traditional and contemporary Scottish music, Highland dancing, Scotch tasting sessions, enlivened by Scottish food and drink and a fireworks display at midnight.
If you are looking to spend the night indoors instead, there are many great places to have a delicious NYE meal, sip champagne and dance the night away. Here are just a few suggestions in the Ottawa region:
- Dancing in the Stars at the Ottawa Convention Centre. Enjoy a 3-course dinner, dancing and champagne toast at midnight.
- Prestigious, Fabulous New Year’s Eve at the Fairmont Château Laurier. Carnival show, romantic dinner and dance in a tropical atmosphere.
- Signatures Restaurant at Le Cordon Bleu. Delectable 8-course tasting menu.
- Marriott Hotel’s What Happens in Vegas…New Year’s Eve party. Enjoy hors d’oeuvres and live music to ring in the New Year…Vegas style!
Ottawa’s East End
- Ottawa Conference & Event Centre. 5-course meal with wine and dancing until 2:00 am.
- New Year’s Eve Comedy Night. Featuring Comedians Andy Chapman, DeAnne Smith and Amanda Brooke Perrin.
Ottawa’s West End
Perspectives Celebration at the Brookstreet Hotel. 6-course meal with live jazz music.
Hilton Lac-Leamy. Cocktail, four-course dinner and dance with the Nightshift orchestra. Top off your evening celebrations with an electrifying event featuring DJ Eddie Halliwell.