Ring in the New Year, Ottawa Style!
Looking for something fun and exciting to do on New Year’s Eve? Sparks Street Village and the Scottish Society of Ottawa are hosting outdoor events and admission is free to both of them!
At the Sparks Street Village, an open-air pedestrian mall one block south of Parliament Hill, the celebration starts at 8:00 pm on December 31 with food and drink on the street, amazing prizes, live music, DJs, a Maple Leaf Drop and a firework show at midnight. Make sure to follow new announcements on the event’s Facebook page.
Meanwhile, over at the historic Aberdeen Pavilion at Lansdowne Park, the Scottish Society of Ottawa invites you to welcome 2015 Scottish-style with a New Year’s Eve Hogmanay party that aims to replicate the excitement of Edinburgh’s world famous Royal Mile as the clock strikes midnight and we enter the New Year. This family-friendly shindig will feature a mix of traditional and contemporary Scottish music, Highland dancing, Scotch tasting sessions, enlivened by Scottish food and drink, outdoor skating and a fireworks display at midnight.
If you are looking to spend the night indoors instead, there are many great places to have a delicious NYE meal, sip champagne and dance the night away. Here are just a few suggestions in the Ottawa region:
- New Years Eve Gala Dinner and Dance at the National Arts Centre. Dine and dance the night away with Big Band Ottawa and Tuxedo Junction dance bands.
- Before the Clock Strikes 12 at Le Café at the National Arts Centre. Enjoy a five-course pre-midnight meal.
- Havana Nights at the Canadian War Museum. Enjoy a Cuba-themed celebration with hors d’oeuvres, live entertainment and a dessert bar at midnight!
- Wilfrid’s New Year’s Eve Dinner at the Fairmont Château Laurier hotel. Enjoy live entertainment and a special celebration dinner.
- New Year’s Eve Table D’Hôte at the Sheraton Ottawa Hotel. Enjoy a gourmet pre-midnight meal.
Ottawa’s West End
Perspectives Celebration at the Brookstreet Hotel. Enjoy a six-course meal with live jazz music.