Taste of Winterlude’s impressive lineup!
- Monday, 06 December 2010 03:52
- Written by Jantine Van Kregten
Taste of Winterlude is a series of wine and food events in Ottawa and Canada’s capital region that take place at various venues between January 27 and February 21, 2011. Winterlude— Ottawa’s great winter festival — has slightly shorter dates, starting on Friday, February 4 and continuing through February 21.
Just a few highlights:
- Savour Ottawa Walkabout Winter Feast (a tour of 5 restaurants in the ByWard Market neighbourhood who are members of this local foods movement) on Tuesday, February 8
- Vegan restaurant ZenKitchen pairing their delicious food with a Niagara winery on Wednesday, February 9
- C’est Bon Cooking offering their foodie walking tours of the ByWard Market neighbourhood on 4 consecutive Saturdays and offering a “cooking adventure” where you get in the kitchen with Chef Andrée on Friday, February 11
- Avant-garde restaurant Atelier restaurant turning up the volume to pair their night with the music of Motorhead (!) on Tuesday, February 1
- Le Cordon Bleu Ottawa featuring ice carving, ice wine and maple syrup (among other things) on Saturday, January 29
- Le Nordik Nature Spa offering “Winterlude in a Bathrobe” with a cocktail reception on Thursday, January 27
- Courtyard Restaurant offering a non-traditional Robbie Burns Day whisky dinner on Wednesday, February 16
- the urban element offering a Niagara-themed wine and food event on Thursday, February 10
- Le Baccara at the Casino du Lac-Leamy featuring a champagne tasting menu on Tuesday, February 1
- And way more!
So now that you’re intrigued by the possibilities, here’s more great news. Book a visit to Ottawa and get your Third Night Free! That’s right, at participating hotels, you’ll get your third night of accommodation on the house! The offer is on now till March 31, 2011 — but that’s just for booking (your actual arrival in Ottawa can be during Winterlude, or maybe in May for the Canadian Tulip Festival, or maybe to catch some shows at the Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest or the Ottawa International Chamber Music Festival… the possibilities are endless!).
Full details are at www.ottawatourism.ca