Anniversaries in 2013 What’s Ottawa got to celebrate this year? Check out these milestones….
- 400th anniversary of French explorer Samuel de Champlain travelling up the Ottawa River.
- 75th anniversary of Gatineau Park, a huge natural playground just 15 minutes’ drive north of Ottawa, where you can swim, canoe or kayak its lakes or hike its well-marked paths.
- 20th anniversary of the Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival (June 20-23), the largest event of its kind in North America (over 200 teams compete)!
- 20th annual Ottawa International Chamber Music Festival (July 25-Aug. 8), the world’s largest, with concerts presented in beautiful Ottawa churches.
- 150th annual Carp Fair (Sept. 26-29), just a half-hour’s drive west of downtown Ottawa. Celebrate agriculture in Ottawa’s countryside, with shows, exhibits, entertainment and good old fashioned fun!
|« Previous Story||Next Story »|