A little bit of everythingOdds and ends of story ideas
- NEW! The Casino du Lac-Leamy has been updating its look. One impressive addition is Bar 7, featuring an interactive multimedia table, a video wall, a dance floor and a stage for live bands.
- NEW! Ottawa Tourism and the Ottawa Convention Centre have paired up to offer the Great Rate Freeze whereby groups who book before the end of 2014 can guarantee current space rental rates for events through 2020.
- 25th anniversary! Since 1989, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police have performed their famous Musical Ride at the end of June in Ottawa at the RCMP Stables east of downtown, where the horses and riders are trained for this impressive spectacle. Called the Sunset Ceremonies, this year’s event takes place June 25-29, 7:00-8:30pm. Free!
- NEW! Ottawa Tourism is offering a Third Night Free promotion at participating hotels for travel to Ottawa through September 1, 2014. This deal also works with existing packages, such as Get to Know Your Canada, Urban Adventure, Girlfriends Getaway and more!
- HOTELS: NEW! The demolition of an office building on Dalhousie Street in the ByWard Market neighbourhood has been completed, with plans for an as-yet-named boutique hotel (with rooftop lounge) to be built over the coming months. Le Groupe Germain—a prominent family-owned boutique hotel company in Canada—is building a new hotel on Slater Street to be known as ALT Hotel Ottawa. It will feature approximately 4,000 square feet of meeting space, a gym and complimentary WiFi in its 148 rooms over 12 floors.
- SHOPPING: NEW! The new Tanger Outlets Ottawa shopping facility plans to open in late summer or early fall 2014 in Ottawa’s far west end near the Canadian Tire Centre. Eighty stores featuring about 350,000 square feet of shopping will include the Nike Factory Store, Gap Outlet, Banana Republic Factory Store, Coach Factory Store, and Donna Karan New York.
|« Previous Story||Next Story »|