Outdoor fun Summer lovin’ in Ottawa!
- NEW! Paddlers of all ages can now experience a 3-hour whitewater rafting excursion within the Ottawa city limits! Departing from Britannia Park (just 10 minutes west of downtown Ottawa) along the Ottawa River, your Wilderness Tours guide shares stories, songs and jokes, retracing the steps of First Nations people, early explorers and voyageur fur traders. Courtesy pick-ups at select downtown locations are available. The trip takes you through three sets of Class II and III rapids and ends near the Canadian War Museum. The company also offers canoe, kayak, stand-up paddleboard and kiteboard rentals at Britannia Beach. Excursions run weekends until mid-June, 7 days per week in summer, and weekends in September and early October.
- NEW! Governor General David Johnston hosts two free outdoor movie nights at Rideau Hall, featuring Canadian films The Grand Seduction on August 17 and Louis Cyr on August 19.
- NEW! OWL Rafting will host the first-ever Stand Up Paddle Challenge July 18-20, 2014 at their resort facility about 90 minutes’ drive west of downtown Ottawa.
- Also on the Ottawa River, at the Britannia Yacht Club, catch sailboat racing at its best during the 2014 Shark Canadian Championship July 18-20, 2014. This is a precursor to the 2015 Shark World Championship August 22-28, 2015.
- Every Sunday morning, several major roadways in Canada’s capital region are closed to motorized vehicles so that cyclists, inline skaters, runners and walkers can have free rein during Sunday Bikedays, May 18 – August 31.
- Between July 8 and September 6, catch Mosaika, where images are projected onto Canada’s Parliament Buildings each evening for a free bilingual show tracing Canada’s cultural highlights. Spectacular! 10pm until August 16; 9:30pm August 17-31; 9pm in September.
|« Previous Story||Next Story »|