Ottawa Event Calendar
September 27 – November 2, 2014
October 23 - 28, 2014
November 7 - 9, 2014
Quick bites What’s happening in Ottawa’s culinary scene?
- NEW! Ottawa chef René Rodriguez was named Top Chef Canada in a dramatic finale broadcast in May 2014. His Mexican heritage and his love of the Basque region of Spain helped him win the competition and is present every day at his small ByWard Market neighbourhood restaurant Navarra.
- NEW! The former Hard Rock Café in Ottawa’s ByWard Market neighbourhood has been reborn as the Lowertown Brewery and, on the second floor, the Sens House dedicated to hometown hockey heroes, the Ottawa Senators. The rooftop deck features a retractable roof—the first of its kind in Canada!
- NEW! If you’re curious about non-alcoholic drinks, look no further than Treewell, an Ottawa company that has begun selling carbonated maple sap! It’s not just delicious, it’s rich in anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- NEW! In 2013, 17 new food trucks and carts were granted licences to sell on Ottawa streets and you can use a handy StreetFoodApp to explore Angry Dragonz, Ad Mare, Gongfu Bao and more. But on private property in the Glebe neighbourhood just south of downtown Ottawa, you’ll find Flapjack’s Pancake Shack and their amazing bacon and eggs sandwiched between two pancakes, topped with maple syrup! Decadent!
- NEW! Looking for a way to discover local craft beer in Ottawa? Consider a Brew Donkey tour. This new company offers tours of breweries, brewpubs and beer-friendly restaurants in the region. (They also offer a craft beer delivery service for Ottawa residents.)
- NEW! Savour Ottawa, the region’s local food initiative, has a lot on the go in 2014. Watch for an online all-local-food ordering service with pick-up at the west-end Parkdale Market, a Demo Corner in the downtown ByWard Market where farmers, chefs and microprocessors can showcase their goods; and the fourth annual Harvest Table gourmet luncheon event on Sunday, August 17.
|« Previous Story||Next Story »|