A little bit of everything Odds and ends of story ideas
- NEW! In November 2013, Ottawa Tourism launched the exclusive Capital Host Club, a partnership group working to bring more national and international conferences to Ottawa. Members have been recruited from the academic, scientific, NGO, high technology and other business sectors—people whose membership in professional associations make them ideally suited to attract high-profile conventions to Canada’s capital. Those who are chosen to join the Capital Host Club could have access to VIP events and be eligible for recognition at the annual Ottawa Tourism Awards.
- The Evacuation, Paranoia and Preparedness Tour at the Diefenbunker, Canada’s Cold War Museum has been named a Canadian Signature Experience, part of a collection of once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences found in Canada.
- The downtown Ottawa National Hotel and Suites closed in late 2013 and is being renovated and “repositioned” over the next year.
- NEW! The demolition of an office building on Dalhousie Street in the ByWard Market neighbourhood continued into early 2014, with plans for an as-yet-named boutique hotel (with rooftop lounge) to be built over the coming months.
- NEW! OWL Rafting will host the first-ever Stand Up Paddle Challenge July 18-20, 2014 at their resort facility about 90 minutes’ drive west of downtown Ottawa.
|« Previous Story||Next Story »|