Anniversaries In 2013 What’s Ottawa got to celebrate this year? Check these milestones out….
- 400th anniversary of French explorer Samuel de Champlain travelling up the Ottawa River
- 75th anniversary of Gatineau Park, a huge natural playground just 15 minutes’ drive north of Ottawa. In summer, you can swim, canoe or kayak in its lakes or hike its well-marked paths. In winter, there’s downhill and cross-country skiing as well as snowshoeing.
- 35th annual Winterlude celebration (Feb. 1-18). Ice skating, snow playgrounds, ice sculptures, culinary events and more!
- 35th annual Gatineau Loppet, Canada’s biggest cross-country ski event (Feb. 15-17). More than 3,000 skiers from 20 different countries take part.
- 20th anniversary of the Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival (June 20-23), the largest event of its kind in North America (over 200 teams compete)!
- 20th annual Ottawa International Chamber Music Festival (July 25-Aug. 8), the world’s largest, with concerts presented in beautiful Ottawa churches.
- 150th annual Carp Fair (Sept. 26-29), just a half-hour’s drive west of downtown Ottawa. Celebrate agriculture in Ottawa’s countryside, with shows, exhibits, entertainment and good old fashioned fun!
|« Previous Story||Next Story »|