Rendez-vous Canada 2013 in Ottawa!Join us in Ottawa wearing your red shoes May 12th - 15th, 2013!
BREAKING: #RVC2013 invades Ottawa! Video correspondent Ron DeVous has details: http://t.co/2md8MVuKHf
We look forward to putting our best foot forward!
Don’t be that guy. We’ll be painting the town red at the Ottawa/Ontario night - don’t forget to pack your red shoes! Be part of the movement; any pair of red shoes will do but if you want red converses, visit your local sporting store or purchase them here: www.converse.com
Packing guide for RVC2013
Make the most of your Rendez-vous experience in Canada’s capital city with this easy packing guide.
- Red shoes: if you attended RVC2012, you may have received a pair of red shoes from Ottawa Tourism, signifying our status as capital, our easy walkability and our sense of fun. Pack those shoes!
- Anything else red: Monday night is the huge Ontario night reception and guests are encouraged to wear red to celebrate our exceptional province! Forget your jacket – with door-to-door bus service, you’ll want to travel light!
- Active wear: We don’t sit still in Ottawa! The Rendez-vous schedule includes early-morning running and/or yoga sessions – and some of the city tours on Sunday involve cycling – so suit up! If you haven’t yet signed up for a city tour, you can arrive on the 2nd floor of the Ottawa Convention Centre at 8:15am on Sunday, May 12. We’ll do our best to help you out! (Those who pre-registered should arrive at 8:45am.)
- Weather-appropriate clothing: Mid-May in Ottawa is generally mild to warm but you may need a sweater at night if you’re spending time outside. To check the most up-to-date forecast just before you leave home, click here.
- A camera: Ottawa is a very photogenic city and millions of tulips will be in full bloom as part of the Canadian Tulip Festival during the conference. You’ll want to have something handy to help capture the memories.
- A smartphone: Not just handy as a camera, of course, but also your gateway to social media. Follow @OTTravel_Trade on Twitter for all the latest (or follow the hashtag #RVC2013); post your best red shoe photos on Facebook at OttawaTourismTravelTrade; and feel free to Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and FourSquare (among others) to your heart’s content!
- Business “stuff”: This is, after all, the tourism networking opportunity to top all tourism networking opportunities: don’t forget your business cards, profile sheets, photos, iPad, etc., etc.
- Room for souvenirs: Don’t make a rookie mistake and pack your bags so full that there’s no room to bring a bit of Ottawa home with you! You’ll be close to many great shopping neighbourhoods, so leave some room for the perfect find!
Ontario and Ottawa invite you to experience the rich diversity of Ontario as a tourism destination at the impressive Canadian War Museum. Explore the museum’s exhibits on military history and world peace; and enjoy the culinary and cultural uniqueness of our partners: Ottawa, Toronto, Northern Ontario, Niagara and Georgian Bay. Then prepare to dance the night away! You’re encouraged to wear anything red along with your red shoes.
Regional delights will be available throughout the Museum, with a multitude of food stations and bars featuring delicious local menu specialities. On the Ottawa River shore you’ll feel close to nature one minute, then swing to the vibe and excitement of vibrant cities the next. Until 9:00pm you will be able to visit the Museum exhibits, as well as network and connect with friends and colleagues indoors and outdoors. Experience the uniqueness of each of the regions represented. After 9:00pm the party begins. Come and Celebrate Ontario with us.
Early Bird RVC Activities
Calling all RVC yogis, runners and walkers! Get moving early in Ottawa to face the busy day ahead. Meet us bright and early at the OCC Welcome Desk to start off your day with a run or walk on Monday and Tuesday, and a yoga class on Wednesday starting at 6am.
*Yoga matts will be provided by Lululemon for the yoga class.
Looking for entertainment for your event?
Planning to join one of our fabulous fams?
Kindly be advised that registration for Rendez-vous Canada Familiarization Tours is now closed.
If you wish to register for an Ottawa City FAM, please visit one of our Rendez-vous Canada welcome desks in the host hotels or at the Ottawa Convention Centre for more information on how to sign-up. We look forward to welcoming you!
*Rendez-vous Canada delegates only.
Latest RVC News!
Don’t forget to pack your red shoes for OTTAWA!
Apr 29, 2013
Can you describe Ottawa in one word?
Apr 2, 2013