Get ideas and info from our Ottawa Insiders on things to do in in Canada’s Capital region. Create a list of your favourites and start planning your trip!
Hard to believe the holiday season has arrived! What better way to get into the holiday spirit then to immerse yourself in Ottawa’s vast array of performances this December.
Share the whimsy of the holidays with these family-friendly activities this December in Ottawa.
Looking for something fun and exciting to do on New Year’s Eve? Sparks Street Village and the Scottish Society of Ottawa are hosting outdoor events and admission is free to both of them!
When it comes to travelling, most of us can't wait to bring back a few souvenirs to remember our trip! Enjoy the shops and boutiques as you wander through the neighbourhoods of Canada’s capital or explore a shopping experience such as Rideau Centre.
Whether you’re brand new to the craft beer scene or you’re an experienced connoisseur, Ottawa’s bursting craft brewery scene is sure to surprise and delight. From emerging breweries, to beer festivals and special events, Ottawa’s craft beer scene continues to thrive and grow, offering a vast array of brews and interesting places to enjoy them!
Canadian Museum of History (formerly the Canadian Museum of Civilization)
Gorgeous architecture and world-renowned exhibitions convene to create Canada’s most-visited museum. Located on the banks of the Ottawa River — with a stunning view of Parliament Hill, the National Gallery of Canada, and downtown Ottawa — the Canadian Museum of History (formerly the Canadian Museum of Civilization) provides detailed insight into 20,000 years of human history. Let your eyes wander high into the sky as you take in the world’s largest indoor collection of totem poles, walk through impressive life-sized recreations of Canadian settlements over the past 1000 years, and sit back to enjoy an IMAX film. Have your little ones in tow? Well, the museum is also home to the Canadian Children’s Museum, filled with hands-on games and exhibits.
- Canada's most visited museum.
- Home to the world's largest indoor collection of totem poles and the First Peoples Hall highlighting the cultural, historic and artistic achievements of Canada's First Peoples.
- Canada Hall lets visitors walk through 1000 years of Canadian history, including townscapes and environments from across the country, from pre-European settlement to the present day.
- Includes an IMAX® theatre and Canadian Children's Museum.
- Presents special and blockbuster exhibitions covering a wide array of topics.