Highlights of the special exhibits happening at our national museums and gallery.
Get ideas and info from our Ottawa Insiders on things to do in in Canada’s Capital region. Create a list of your favourites and start planning your trip!
If you need a little help getting into the holiday spirit, take a quick shopping getaway to Ottawa!
Roasted chestnuts in one hand, shopping bags in the other; there is no better way to kick off the holiday season than with this festive package.
Hard to believe the holiday season has arrived! What better way to get into the holiday spirit then to immerse yourself in Ottawa’s vast array of performances this December.
Share the whimsy of the holidays with these family-friendly activities this December in Ottawa.
Looking for something fun and exciting to do on New Year’s Eve? Sparks Street Village and the Scottish Society of Ottawa are hosting events and admission is free to both of them!
When it comes to travelling, most of us can't wait to bring back a few souvenirs to remember our trip! Enjoy the shops and boutiques as you wander through the neighbourhoods of Canada’s capital or explore a shopping experience such as Rideau Centre.
Whether you’re brand new to the craft beer scene or you’re an experienced connoisseur, Ottawa’s bursting craft brewery scene is sure to surprise and delight. From emerging breweries, to beer festivals and special events, Ottawa’s craft beer scene continues to thrive and grow, offering a vast array of brews and interesting places to enjoy them!
Canada Science and Technology Museum
* The Canada Science and Technology Museum is closed indefinitely for urgent repairs. Please consult this page regularly for updated information.
The Canada Science and Technology Museum transforms these topics into a mind-bending experience. Through fascinating exhibits, the world of science animates before your eyes, and the intricacies of technology come to life in an exciting fashion. The Museum has a vast collection of cars and trains — including four giant steam locomotives, one of which pulled the Royal Train during the Royal Family’s visit in 1939 — and other special artifacts that tell the story of Canada’s connection to the world of science and technology. Create your own electricity on the human hamster wheel, peek inside the inner workings of modern telecommunications, and head up to the Helen Hogg Observatory to see the skies like you never have before!
- The Museum offers a true hands-on interactive experience, fun for the entire family!
- The Locomotive Hall houses four giant steam locomotives including the 6400 that pulled the Royal Train during the 1939 royal visit - all aboard!
- Marine and land transportation displays include some of the finest vintage automobiles found anywhere.
- The Museum's Technology Park includes a lighthouse, rocket, and the Helen Hogg Observatory, home to one of the largest refractor telescopes (38cm) in the country.
- See eels make their own electricity. Run on the human hamster wheel and harness your own energy. Just one of 20 interactive experiences in the Energy: Power to Choose exhibition.
- Explore a giant digital network and learn how modern telecommunications systems work.
- Learn about the Canadian inventors and inventions that changed the world.