Highlights of the special exhibits happening at our national museums and gallery.
Ottawa’s lineup of fall festivals includes music, art, creativity, food and drink. It’s shaping up to be one fantastic fall in Canada’s Capital!
What better way to celebrate summer than with a list of some of Ottawa’s greatest patios?
When it comes to travelling, most of us can't wait to bring back a few souvenirs to remember our trip! Enjoy the shops and boutiques as you wander through the neighbourhoods of Canada’s capital or explore a shopping experience such as Rideau Centre.
Whether you’re brand new to the craft beer scene or you’re an experienced connoisseur, Ottawa’s bursting craft brewery scene is sure to surprise and delight. From emerging breweries, to beer festivals and special events, Ottawa’s craft beer scene continues to thrive and grow, offering a vast array of brews and interesting places to enjoy them!
This spring, embrace your chance to experience one heck of an adrenaline rush! The Ottawa River, 90 minutes’ drive west of Canada’s capital, is a major focal point during the warmer months and home to some of the best whitewater rafting in all of North America.
In the variety of neighbourhoods across the city you’ll discover plenty of culinary delights. Over the last few years, Ottawa’s dining scene has earned many accolades and received recognition for a number of its eateries, gaining a reputation for innovative ideas and delicious cuisine.
Image Credit: Le Cordon Bleu
Most kids can’t wait for their summer vacation to start; it’s a time for relaxing, cooling off and spending time on holiday with loved ones. Travellers who are planning a trip with their little ones should not miss all the amazing and interactive things to see while visiting Ottawa. It’s all part of what makes Canada's capital so fun to visit for families.
One of the greatest things about Ottawa is that you don’t need to drive an hour outside of the city to enjoy waterways, greenery and sports.
When spring is in the air, there’s no better way to invigorate your senses and take in some fresh air and sunshine than by surrounding yourself with beds of beautiful flowers and acres of greenery!
Canada Science and Technology Museum
The Canada Science and Technology Museum transforms these topics into a mind-bending experience. Through fascinating exhibits, the world of science animates before your eyes, and the intricacies of technology come to life in an exciting fashion. The Museum has a vast collection of cars and trains — including four giant steam locomotives, one of which pulled the Royal Train during the Royal Family’s visit in 1939 — and other special artifacts that tell the story of Canada’s connection to the world of science and technology. Create your own electricity on the human hamster wheel, peek inside the inner workings of modern telecommunications, and head up to the Helen Hogg Observatory to see the skies like you never have before!
- The Museum offers a true hands-on interactive experience, fun for the entire family!
- The Locomotive Hall houses four giant steam locomotives including the 6400 that pulled the Royal Train during the 1939 royal visit - all aboard!
- Marine and land transportation displays include some of the finest vintage automobiles found anywhere.
- The Museum's Technology Park includes a lighthouse, rocket, and the Helen Hogg Observatory, home to one of the largest refractor telescopes (38cm) in the country.
- See eels make their own electricity. Run on the human hamster wheel and harness your own energy. Just one of 20 interactive experiences in the Energy: Power to Choose exhibition.
- Explore a giant digital network and learn how modern telecommunications systems work.
- Learn about the Canadian inventors and inventions that changed the world.