RBC Royal Bank Ottawa Bluesfest
Held each July on the grounds of the Canadian War Museum on the western edge of downtown, the RBC Royal Bank Bluesfest is one of Canada's largest outdoor music festivals and is ranked as one of North America's most important music events.
True to form Bluesfest 2013 has a little something for everyone from B.B. King to the Wu-Tang Clan. Taking place from July 4 to 14, 2013, a few bands that will rock this five stage music festival are Bjork, Dixie Chicks, Animal Collective, Fun, Great Big Sea, Hannah Georgas, Jimmy Eat World, Rush, Serena Ryder, Stars, The Tragically Hip, and Weezer.
- Bluesfest began in 1994 and quickly grew to become one of the biggest events of its kind anywhere.
- Some of the biggest names in music have performed at Bluesfest over the years, including Sting, Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, The White Stripes, The Black Eyed Peas, James Brown and countless others.
- The festival features hundreds of acts on five different stages.
- Close to 300,000 people attend over the festival's 11-day schedule.
- Food, drink, souvenir and music kiosks surround the festival site.
- The festival has twice won the Gold Award for Waste Minimization from the Recycling Council of Ontario for its green initiatives.
- The festival is a non-for-profit organization that relies on 3500 volunteers to make it happen - and gives back to the community in many ways.