Canada Science and Technology Museum
Trains, cars, canoes and a unique collection of artifacts as well as plenty of gadgets, a crazy kitchen and hair-raising experiments - the Canada Science and Technology Museum, located in east Ottawa, is the place where science and technology come together in a fascinating world 0f discovery and fun.
- The Museum offers a true hands-on interactive experience, fun for the entire family!
- The Locomotive Hall houses four giant steam locomotives including the 6400 that pulled the Royal Train during the 1939 royal visit - all aboard!
- Marine and land transportation displays include some of the finest vintage automobiles found anywhere.
- The Museum's Technology Park includes a lighthouse, rocket, and the Helen Hogg Observatory, home to one of the largest refractor telescopes (38cm) in the country.
- See eels make their own electricity. Run on the human hamster wheel and harness your own energy. Just one of 20 interactive experiences in the Energy: Power to Choose exhibition.
- Explore a giant digital network and learn how modern telecommunications systems work.
- Learn about the Canadian inventors and inventions that changed the world.