Ottawa Senators Hockey
The Ottawa Senators of the National Hockey League (NHL) play a full season of games at Ottawa's Scotiabank Place in west Ottawa.
- The original Ottawa Senators were a founding member team of the NHL and won 11 Stanley Cups before being moved to St. Louis in 1934.
- The modern-day Senators entered the league in 1992 and play at Scotiabank Place in Kanata, about a 20-minute drive from downtown. Shuttle buses to games from downtown are provided by Ottawa's public transit - OC Transpo.
- The Senators played in the Stanley Cup finals in 2007; the team has been one of the most-winning over the past decade.
- Senators fans are known as the Sens Army - some even dress in Roman legionnaire styles.
- The Senators mascot is Spartacat, a favourite with younger fans.
- Ottawa Senators tickets are generally available for most games - making hockey roadtrips by those shutout by season ticket holders in Toronto and Montreal very common indeed.
- Scotiabank Place is also host to a wide variety of entertainment, including music concerts, family shows, monster trucks, basketball, tradeshows, wrestling, skating events and gala dinners.