Located on a sacred island in the middle of the Ottawa River just west of Parliament Hill, Aboriginal Experiences introduces visitors to the lifestyles, crafts, art, food and culture of Canada's First People.
- Victoria Island, where Aboriginal Experiences is located, was for thousands of years a meeting place for the Algonquin nation, used for gatherings, trading and celebrations.
- This First Peoples' village offers interpretive guided tours, a storytelling theatre, powwow dance performances and hands-on craft-making experiences.
- The Aboriginal Café invites you to sample buffalo burgers, smoked venison sausages, grilled maple salmon and weekly specials featuring indigenous ingredients.
- Visit the on-site Trading Post for authentic souvenirs including dreamcatchers, medicine wheels, jewellery, prints, artwork and hand-crafted pieces.
- The site is open for group bookings July 1 through Labour Day, and welcomes schools and tours before and after the summer season as well.
- Experience the new Summer Solstice Aboriginal Arts Festival, celebrating National Aboriginal Day and the beginning of summer.