RCMP Musical Ride Centre
The RCMP Musical Ride Centre is located at the RCMP Rockcliffe Stables in Ottawa and is open for tours seven days a week from May through August, Tuesdays and Thursdays from September through April.
- The first musical ride was performed in Winnipeg in 1887, with regular public performances beginning in 1904
- The Musical Ride is performed in Ottawa each summer, and the troop travels to communities across the country and around the world to perform in charity events
- The Ride is performed by 32 riders and horses
- Members of the Ride are RCMP members with at least two years of service who attend a 5-week basic and 6-month intermediate riding course. Members remain with the ride for a maximum of three years.
- The horses are bred at a facility near Pakenham, Ontario, just west of Ottawa
- Visitors to the RCMP Musical Ride Centre get to meet the horses, tour the stables, visit a farrier station and check-out the tack room
- The Centre is home to the Mountie Shop, where visitors can purchase a variety of unique Mountie collectibles