Calypso Theme Waterpark
Early June to early September 2014
Big summer fun awaits you at Calypso Theme Waterpark. The largest theme waterpark in Canada, Calypso covers more than 100 acres, with wet and wild adventures for everyone. Looking to slip and slide? Well, they have more than 35 waterslides to race down. Prefer to take on the waves? You’re in luck, as they have Canada’s largest wave pool. Hankering for a thrill ride? You can take on Aqualoops, a roller coaster-like slide that drops you into the ride through a trap door! All this fun can be had just a short 20-minute drive east of downtown Ottawa.
- Calypso is located in Prescott-Russell, under a half hour drive from downtown Ottawa
- All pools are heated, and the park opens in early June and remains open through early September
- The park features 35 waterslides and 100 water games – some more gentle, others more exciting
- Summit Tower, the park’s gigantic multi-slide attraction, is the highest freestanding waterslide tower in Canada
- Calypso Palace, the park’s wave pool, is the biggest in Canada and is surrounded by a white sand beach
- Jungle Run is the park’s kilometre-long river adventure featuring twists, turbulence and turns
- The park features six restaurants, beach bar, a VIP zone, boutique and other services
- Calypso’s innovative ‘Money at Your Fingertips’ service lets you use your fingerprint to pay for anything you purchase while at the park – no need to wet your wallet!
- An international travel website has named Calypso waterpark in Limoges, Ont. as the best waterpark in the world. MSN Travel published its top ten list of the best waterparks and put Calypso in the top spot, above Disneyworld's Typhoon Lagoon and the World Waterpark at the West Edmonton Mall.