Ottawa Folk Festival September 11-14, 2014
Stimulate your senses with the unique and eclectic sounds of the Ottawa Folk Festival. Set amidst the natural beauty of Hog’s Back Park just south of downtown Ottawa, the Ottawa Folk Festival is a four-day celebration of music, dance, visual arts and community featuring an eclectic mix of musical performances on two evening and five daytime stages, plus participatory music workshops, special children’s and family performances, beer gardens, artisan and craft vendors, and more!
- Founded in 1994, the Ottawa Folk Festival was inspired by Ottawa’s thriving folk scene.
- The event is modelled on long-standing major Canadian folk festivals and features multi-faceted artistic disciplines and an inclusive programming philosophy.
- The Ottawa Folk Fest is family-friendly, community-focused, culturally diverse and committed to sustainability and eco-friendly initiatives.
- In 2012, there were 30,000+ visitors
- The Ottawa Folk Festival is about people working together to deliver a music festival which celebrates artists and their creativity as well as community.