Ottawa Event Calendar
October 15 - 19, 2014
Casino du Lac-Leamy
October 23 - 28, 2014
November 6 - 9, 2014
Canada Science and Technology Museum
* The Canada Science and Technology Museum is closed indefinitely for urgent repairs. Please consult this page regularly for updated information.
The Canada Science and Technology Museum transforms these topics into a mind-bending experience. Through fascinating exhibits, the world of science animates before your eyes, and the intricacies of technology come to life in an exciting fashion. The Museum has a vast collection of cars and trains — including four giant steam locomotives, one of which pulled the Royal Train during the Royal Family’s visit in 1939 — and other special artifacts that tell the story of Canada’s connection to the world of science and technology. Create your own electricity on the human hamster wheel, peek inside the inner workings of modern telecommunications, and head up to the Helen Hogg Observatory to see the skies like you never have before!
- The Museum offers a true hands-on interactive experience, fun for the entire family!
- The Locomotive Hall houses four giant steam locomotives including the 6400 that pulled the Royal Train during the 1939 royal visit - all aboard!
- Marine and land transportation displays include some of the finest vintage automobiles found anywhere.
- The Museum's Technology Park includes a lighthouse, rocket, and the Helen Hogg Observatory, home to one of the largest refractor telescopes (38cm) in the country.
- See eels make their own electricity. Run on the human hamster wheel and harness your own energy. Just one of 20 interactive experiences in the Energy: Power to Choose exhibition.
- Explore a giant digital network and learn how modern telecommunications systems work.
- Learn about the Canadian inventors and inventions that changed the world.