Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend May 25 - 26, 2013
The Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend is a massive annual spring gathering of runners from around the world for a series of races through Canada's Capital including the prestigious Ottawa Marathon. The 2013 Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend will take place May 25-26, 2013.
- Held the final weekend in May each year, Race Weekend attracted 40,000 runners in 2011.
- The Ottawa Marathon is the centerpiece competitive event of the weekend, and is one of Canada's oldest and most prestigious marathons; thousands of dollars in prize money are up for grabs.
- RunAbroad.com ranked the Ottawa Marathon as one of the "101 races to run before you die".
- The Weekend also includes a half marathon, 10K, 5K, family 2K, a kids' marathon and walkers' events.
- The Ottawa Marathon and Ottawa 10K are both designated Silver Label IAAF events by the International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF).
- All events take runners along Ottawa's Rideau Canal, with the Ottawa Marathon extending across the Ottawa River to the city of Gatineau in the province of Quebec, then back again - passing many landmark sites, including Parliament Hill, along the way.