Ottawa REDBLACKS Football
Come cheer on the Ottawa REDBLACKS! Ottawa’s Canadian Football League (CFL) team, play their home games at the new TD Place Stadium at Lansdowne. Paint your face red and black, or throw on your favourite piece of REDBLACKS garb and join the fun — fans will cheer on their team toward victory as the REDBLACKS play against the likes of the Toronto Argonauts, Montreal Alouettes, and other rivals throughout the league.
Experience the REDBLACKS like never before with the official Ottawa REDBLACKS mobile app!
June 2014 – November 2014
- The Ottawa REDBLACKS are the third CFL team to play in the city. The Ottawa Rough Riders, formed in 1876, were a founding member of the CFL in 1958 and played until 1996. A new Ottawa franchise was formed as the Renegades in 2002 but folded after four seasons.
- The REDBLACKS made their CFL debut on July 3, 2014 in Winnipeg.
- The new TD Place Stadium at Lansdowne hosted the REDBLACKS first home game against the Toronto Argonauts on July 18, 2014.
- TD Place is situated in Lansdowne Park by the Rideau Canal—a 40-acre site in the heart of the city, adjacent to the historic Bank Street Bridge and wrapped to the East by a gentle curve of the Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The REDBLACKS’ mascot is Big Joe the lumberjack, a favourite with younger fans.
- Ottawa REDBLACKS tickets are available at CapitalTickets.ca for those looking to take in a REDBLACKS home game during their stay in Ottawa.