Ottawa Senators Hockey
Cheer on the Ottawa Senators! Ottawa’s National Hockey League (NHL) team, simply referred to as “the Sens,” play their home games at Canadian Tire Centre in the west end of the city. Paint your face red and black, or throw on your favourite piece of Sens garb, and join the Sens Army — the ardent fans who will the home team toward victory against the likes of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, and other rivals throughout the league.
September 2013 through April 2014.
- The original Ottawa Senators were a founding member of the NHL and won 11 Stanley Cups before being moved to St. Louis in 1934.
- The modern-day Senators entered the league in 1992 and play at Canadian Tire Centre in Kanata, about a 20-minute drive from downtown. Shuttle buses to games from downtown are provided by Ottawa's public transit - OC Transpo.
- The Senators played in the Stanley Cup finals in 2007; the team has made the NHL playoffs 14 times in the past 17 seasons.
- Senators fans are known as the Sens Army.
- The Senators mascot is Spartacat, a favourite with younger fans.
- Ottawa Senators tickets are available at CapitalTickets.ca for those looking to take in a Senators home game during their stay in Ottawa.
- Canadian Tire Centre is also host to a wide variety of entertainment, including concerts, family shows, monster trucks, basketball, tradeshows, wrestling, skating events and gala dinners.