April 18, 2017
TO: Ottawa Tourism Members
FROM: Geoff Publow, Chair, Board of Directors and John Cosentino, Chair, Nominating Committee
Re: ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Board of Directors of Ottawa Tourism consists of up to 16 directors. Of these, 4 are appointed, 4 are elected as the Chairs of Board Committees, 7 are elected non-accommodation members of Ottawa Tourism and 1 elected as the Past Chair person.
The 4 appointed Board of Director’s consist of a representative from the following: City of Ottawa, Ottawa Gatineau Hotel Association, Ottawa International Airport Authority and Shaw Centre.
As per our By Laws, there are four out of the seven non-accommodation sector seats with their terms expiring at the upcoming AGM.
The below is a list of selected seats on the Board and will be ratified at the May 29th AGM.
- Chair Travel Trade Committee – Colin Morrison, Ottawa Embassy Hotel and Suites
- Chair Meetings & Conventions Committee – Ross Meredith, Westin Ottawa
- Chair Leisure Committee – David Smythe, Lord Elgin Hotel
- Chair Rural Committee – Mariève Desmarais – Prescott-Russell Tourism
- Past Chairperson
Nomination forms must be signed by the nominee. Additionally, a voting delegate of another member of Ottawa Tourism must confirm via email that they support the nomination. The nomination form is attached to this memo.
OTTAWA TOURISM AND CONVENTION AUTHORITY, INC.
L’ADMINISTRATION DU TOURISME ET DES CONGRES D’OTTAWA
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF MEMBERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the annual general meeting of members of Ottawa Tourism will be held on Monday, May 29th 2017 at 4:00PM at the Ottawa Conference and Event Centre for the following purposes:
- To receive and consider the annual report and financial statements for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2016 and the report of the auditors thereon;
- To elect four (4) members from non-accommodation members to the Board of Directors;
- To ratify the selected seats;
- To appoint the auditors; and
- To transact such further and other business as may properly come before the meeting, or any adjournment or adjournments thereof.
Dated at Ottawa, Ontario the 18th day of April, 2017.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF OTTAWA TOURISM AND CONVENTION AUTHORITY, INC.
Geoff Publow, Chairman
Board of Directors
Please submit by May 8, 2017. If you have any questions or require any other member contact information, please contact Roslyn Smith at [email protected] or 613-237-5150 ext. 109.
* indicates required