Stimulate your senses with the unique and eclectic sounds of CityFolk. Set in the newly renovated Lansdowne area, just south of downtown Ottawa, CityFolk is a four-day celebration of music, dance, visual arts and community featuring an eclectic mix of musical performances on two evening and five daytime stages, plus participatory music workshops, special children’s and family performances, beer gardens, artisan and craft vendors, and more. You can catch more than 25 performances over the festival’s four days!
- Founded in 1994, the Ottawa Folk Festival was inspired by Ottawa’s thriving folk scene. The festival changed its name to CityFolk in December 2014.
- The event is modelled on long-standing major Canadian folk festivals and features multi-faceted artistic disciplines and an inclusive programming philosophy.
- CityFolk is family-friendly, community-focused, culturally diverse and committed to sustainability and eco-friendly initiatives.
- In 2012, there were 30,000+ visitors.
- CityFolk is about people working together to deliver a music festival that celebrates artists and their creativity as well as the community.