So you’ve done a full day of sightseeing in Canada’s Capital. You’ve visited some of Ottawa’s interesting national museums, you’ve seen the sights offered by the Rideau Canal – Ontario’s only UNESCO World Heritage Site –and you’ve taken in a bird’s eye view of the city from Parliament Hill’s iconic Peace Tower. All that exploring is sure to make you hungry and thirsty. But where can you get a good deal on drinks and a snack?
Ottawa Tourism has put many of Ottawa’s “Happy Hour” specials together for you! Browse this list to find a place to eat, drink and relax in Ottawa’s downtown core or in the surrounding area. And these are only some of the many options available throughout the city…
*Please note that all prices are listed in Canadian dollars. Establishments are also placed in alphabetical order. This information was compiled in March 2015 and is subject to change. Please verify with the establishment for full details.*
MULTIPLE DAY DEALS
- Blue Cactus Bar and Grill: Located at 2 ByWard Market Square (in the ByWard Market neighbourhood), Blue Cactus offers Happy Hour “all day, every day.” At the bar, you’ll find items such as sweet potato fries for $7, as well as nachos, wings and calamari for $8. There is also the Blue Cactus Bar Rail, offering 3 oz. rye, gin, rum and vodka drinks for $10 each. If you’re really hungry, enjoy half a pound of chicken or beef fajitas for $14.
- Big Easy’s: Located at 228 Preston Street (just north of the scenic Dows Lake), this Creole-inspired restaurant offers its “Easy Times” menu from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. during the week, Saturday after 10:00 p.m. and all day on Sunday. Choose from items such as Creole Calamari, Lobster Pogos, a Cajun Hot Pot and many more. You’ll also find 20 oz draft beer and sparkling wine for $5!
- Clocktower Brew Pub: Located at 89 Clarence Street in the ByWard Market neighbourhood, Clocktower offers 40 per cent off of appetizers from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday. The Clocktower also has locations in the Ottawa neighbourhoods of the Glebe, New Edinburgh and Westboro.
- Coasters Gourmet Grill: Located at 54 York Street (on the second floor), Coasters offers all-you-can-eat mussels for $19 each night of the week. You will also find Happy Hour deals on food and drinks from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- e18hteen: Located at 18 York Street, e18hteen offers Happy Hour from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. Enjoy $2 chef’s choice oysters, $6 glasses of selected wine and a ‘draught of the day,’ as well as selected $6 cocktails.
- Lone Star Texas Grill: Located at 128 George Street, Lone Star offers deals on food and drinks after 8:00 p.m. in its bar area. Enjoy BUEN TIEMPO specials such as $5 Texas Chili and Mini Quesadilla, as well as $5 Coronas and Lone Star Famous Frozen Margaritas.
- Métropolitain Brasserie: Located at 700 Sussex Drive (just down the street from Parliament Hill), Métropolitain is home to Ottawa’s Hill Hour. Monday to Friday from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., enjoy great deals on seafood, as well as Malpeque oysters for $1, and beef tips, the Hill Hour burger and Hill Hour poutine.
- Shore Club: Located at 11 Colonel By Drive, this seafood restaurant offers Happy Hour from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. Enjoy $1 oysters, $2 jumbo prawns, $5 beers and $7 glasses of wine!
- Sidedoor: Located at 18 York Street in the ByWard Market neighbourhood, Sidedoor is the place to go if you like tacos. Monday to Friday from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., enjoy $2 off delicious tacos as well as $6 draft pints, glasses of wine and selected cocktails. Sidedoor also hosts Happy Hour on Sunday!
- Signatures Restaurant (at Le Cordon Bleu): If you’re looking for a great deal on a gourmet lunch, look no further than Signatures! Located at 453 Laurier Avenue East, Signatures offers a gourmet, three-course lunch for $29 per person Tuesday to Friday. A reservation is recommended.
- SOCIAL: Located at 537 Sussex Drive, SOCIAL offers Happy Hour deals every day from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Enjoy specials on drinks, appetizers, cured meats, artisan cheeses and more!
- The Grand Pizzeria & Bar: Located at 74 George Street, The Grand is where you’ll want to go if you’re a pizza fan! Take advantage of a lunch special from Monday to Thursday (11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.), where you can get a pizza with a soft drink and a Kichesippi draft beer for $15. Or swing by The Grand for Market Hour (Monday to Friday, 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.) to enjoy select pizzas at half price, $5 pints of Kichesippi beer and $20 pitchers of red or white wine sangria.
- Vineyards Wine Bar Bistro: Located at 54 York Street in the ByWard Market neighbourhood, Vineyards offers Happy Hour from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. every night of the week. Here, you’ll find lighter fare items at half price, as well as $10 wine or draft beer flights and buckets of select beers for $12.
- Coasters Gourmet Grill: Located at 54 York Street (on the second floor), Coasters offers a deal on a dinner for two! Enjoy any 2 burgers (beef, vegetarian, a tilapia fishwich or pulled pork) and 2 glasses of draft beer or wine for $29.99.
- D’Arcy McGee’s Restaurant Pub: Located right at the corner of Sparks and Elgin Streets (just across the street from the National War Memorial), D’Arcy McGee’s is a great place to get a drink. Enjoy Social Hour, where you can get a 20 oz domestic draft beer for $3.99. D’Arcy’s Social Hour takes place from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and from 9:00 p.m. to close.
- Mill Street Brew Pub: Located at 555 Wellington Street West, Mill Street offers $5 burgers on Monday. Get a good deal on a burger and order a delicious craft beer to wash it down.
- Patty Boland’s: Located at 101 Clarence Street in the ByWard Market neighbourhood, this Irish pub offers several Monday night specials. After 5:00 p.m., take advantage of 35-cent wings, $3 burgers and $5 domestic pints.
- St. Louis Bar & Grill: Located at 399 Elgin Street (near the Canadian Museum of Nature), St. Louis offers deals on snacks all Monday long. Enjoy choices from a $6.99 to $10.99 lunch menu or take advantage of the Tender Lovin’ Mondays deal, which features breaded chicken strips and a domestic pint of beer for $13.99. St. Louis also offers a pound and a half of wings and a 24 oz. domestic beer deal for $16.99.
- The Laff: Located at 82 York Street since 1849, The Laff hosts Industry Night on Monday. From 6:00 p.m. on, enjoy $12 or $14 selected domestic beer pitchers and a featured $4 shooter.
- The Smoque Shack: Located at 129 York Street in the ByWard Market neighbourhood, Smoque Shack is known for its delicious barbecue. And what goes better with great barbecue than a beer? Here, you can get a pint of craft beer for $5 on Monday night!
- The Standard Luxury Tavern: If a refreshing drink is what you’re after, head to The Standard where you can enjoy mojitos for $5.
- Vineyards Wine Bar Bistro: Located at 54 York Street in the ByWard Market neighbourhood, Vineyards offers all-you-can-eat Mussel Monday for $15.95 per person. Enjoy fresh steamed PEI mussels in either a garlic or a white wine broth!
- Das Lokal: Located at 190 Dalhousie Street in the ByWard Market neighbourhood, Das Lokal is a bistro that offers German-inspired fare. If you like wine, this is the place to be as half price bottle wines are available every Tuesday night after 5:00 p.m.
- Glue Pot Pub: Located at 340 Queen Street, Tuesday night is Fajita Night at the Glue Pot. Choose between chicken or beef fajitas, which are only $9.99 with the purchase of a beverage.
- Pub 101: Located in the ByWard Market neighbourhood at 101 York Street, this pub offers Table Dancing Tuesdays, where shots of delicious cinnamon-flavoured whiskey are only $3.
- Vineyards Wine Bar Bistro: Visit Vineyards in the ByWard Market neighbourhood for Cheesy Tuesdays where you can enjoy a daily cheese board and wine flight for $19.95. There is also live Jazz music from 7:00 p.m. on.
- Absolute Comedy: Looking for something different to do? Why not enjoy a buffet dinner and a comedy show? Located at 412 Preston Street, Absolute Comedy is where you can enjoy an all-you-can-eat buffet and some of the best comics in North America for $21 per person.
- Lowertown Brewery: Located at 73 York Street, Lowertown is one of Ottawa’s newer breweries. Head in to enjoy some great craft brews and snack on $6 “mega-wings” after 6:00 p.m.
- Mill Street Brewery: Stroll down Wellington Street to this brew pub to enjoy all-you-can-eat mussels and fries for $13. Choose from four different flavours and don’t forget to try some of the brewery’s delicious craft beer.
- Patty Boland’s: This Irish pub is a great place to be on Wednesday night! After 5:00 p.m., take advantage of a 2 for 1 Dinner Entrée deal. Then later in the evening (after 9:00 p.m.), Patty’s offers $3 spiced rum and $4 bar rail drinks.
- Signatures Restaurant (at Le Cordon Bleu): This is a more upscale dining option and a great deal! Located at 453 Laurier Avenue East, Signatures offers a gourmet four-course meal with a bottle of wine for $109.95 per couple on Wednesday night.
- The Standard Luxury Tavern: Located at 390 Elgin Street, The Standard offers Happy Hour specials from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Choose six items for $6 from appetizers, to Kichesippi beer, to house wine!
- Absolute Comedy: Enjoy an all-you-can-eat buffet dinner and take in a stand-up comedy show for $23 per person. Located at 412 Preston Street, this comedy club brings some of the best comics in North America to Ottawa. This is a great place for a date!
- Brothers Beer Bistro: If you’re looking to try a new beer, head to this bistro located at 366 Dalhousie Street. Each Thursday night, Brothers opens a new cask of craft beer for its patrons to try. Sample a new beer each week!
- Cornerstone Bar and Grill: Located at 92 Clarence Street in the ByWard Market neighbourhood, Cornerstone offers the Her Way Thursdays deal. Celebrate Girls’ Night with a choice of 2 appetizers or 2 desserts and 2 signature moj-tinis for only $20.
- Crazy Horse: Located at about a 20-minute drive from downtown Ottawa at 115 Roland Michener Drive in Kanata, Ottawa’s country bar offers half-priced appetizers on Thursday!
- Mill Street Brew Pub: Located just down Wellington Street (555 Wellington), Mill Street offers Cask & Cheese Thursday. Sample local artisan cheese paired with some of the brewery’s special cask craft beer. Get it while it lasts!
- Moscow Tea Room: Located at 527 Sussex Drive, Moscow offers Martini Night Thursdays where martinis are $5 all day long.
- Patty Boland’s: If you’re a fan of the Canadian delicacy known as poutine, Patty’s is a good place to be on Thursday night. From 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., enjoy the pub’s all-you-can-eat $10 poutine buffet. Also take in a free stand-up comedy show at 8:30 p.m.!
- Coasters Gourmet Grill: If you like Nova Scotia lobster, Coasters is where you’ll want to be on Friday night. Enjoy a lobster dinner with all the fixings for $29.99!
- Crazy Horse: Located at 115 Roland Michener Drive in Kanata (about a 20-minute drive west of Ottawa’s downtown core), Crazy Horse is Ottawa’s country bar! Enjoy 5 O’Clock Somewhere Fridays where pints of domestic draft beer as well as featured wines are only $4. This is also a great place to catch live country music acts and dance on weekends!
- Patty Boland’s: Located in the ByWard Market neighbourhood at 101 Clarence Street, Patty’s is a good place to go on Friday night. Here, you’ll find $5 appetizers and pints of Alexander Keith’s from 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Vineyards Wine Bar Bistro: Visit Vineyards at 54 York Street in the ByWard Market neighbourhood to enjoy oysters on Friday night for $1 apiece.
- Coasters Gourmet Grill: If crab is what you like, head in to Coasters to enjoy the two-pound Queen Crab Leg Dinner for $29.99.
- Mill Street Brew Pub: If you’re a fan of the Caesar, this is where to be on Saturday. Find Caesars at Mill Street for $2.99!
- Absolute Comedy: Head to 412 Preston Street to enjoy an all-you-can-eat buffet and take in a comedy show for $23 per person. This comedy club brings some of the best comics in North America to Ottawa.
- Kinki (Asian Fusion Restaurant): Located at 41 York Street in the ByWard Market neighbourhood, Kinki offers Extreme Sushi Happy Hour after 9:00 p.m. Enjoy double portions of sushi for one price and discounts on other menu items.
- Lone Star Texas Grill: Located at 128 George Street in the ByWard Market, Sunday is Family Fajita night at Lone Star! Enjoy “Texas-sized” chicken, steak or shrimp fajitas for $48.99 with all the delicious sides.
- Mill Street Brew Pub: Looking for a steak and some craft beer? Venture down Wellington Street to Mill Street to take advantage of its Sunday Prime Rib special. Enjoy a Prime Rib dinner for $19 from 5:00 p.m. on.
- Vineyards Wine Bar Bistro: Located at 54 York Street in the ByWard Market neighbourhood, Vineyards offers a Sunday Burger and Beer deal. Enjoy a delicious Black Angus beef burger and a craft beer flight for $23.95.
- Mill Street Brew Pub: If you’re a fan of the Caesar, this is where to be on Saturday. Find Caesars at Mill Street for $2.99!