Cheer on the Ottawa Senators! Ottawa’s National Hockey League (NHL) team, simply referred to as “the Sens,” play their home games at Canadian Tire Centre in the west end of the city. Paint your face red and black, or throw on your favourite piece of Sens garb, and join the Sens Army — the ardent fans who will the home team toward victory against the likes of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, and other rivals throughout the league. September through April.
On December 16, 2017, the Ottawa Senators play the Montréal Canadiens in the 2017 Scotiabank NHL100 Classic™ outdoor hockey game at TD Place at Lansdowne! The event celebrates several major milestones in 2017 including Canada’s 150th anniversary of Confederation, the 125th anniversary of the Stanley Cup, the 100th anniversary of the National Hockey League (NHL), and the 25th anniversary of the modern Ottawa Senators NHL team. Don’t miss this epic event!
- The original Ottawa Senators were a founding member of the NHL and won 11 Stanley Cups before being moved to St. Louis in 1934.
- The modern-day Senators entered the league in 1992 and play at Canadian Tire Centre in Kanata, about a 20-minute drive from downtown. Shuttle buses to games from downtown are provided by Ottawa’s public transit – OC Transpo.
- The Senators played in the Stanley Cup finals in 2007; the team has made the NHL playoffs 15 times in the past 18 seasons.
- Senators fans are known as the Sens Army.
- The Senators mascot is Spartacat, a favourite with younger fans.
- Ottawa Senators tickets are available at CapitalTickets.ca for those looking to take in a Senators home game during their stay in Ottawa.
- Canadian Tire Centre is also host to a wide variety of entertainment, including concerts, family shows, monster trucks, basketball, tradeshows, wrestling, skating events and gala dinners.