Looking for something fun and exciting to do on New Year’s Eve in Ottawa? There are several things to see and do, from delicious gourmet meals to fun outdoor celebrations!
Over at the historic Aberdeen Pavilion at Lansdowne Park, the Scottish Society of Ottawa invites you to welcome 2016 Scottish-style with an indoor/outdoor New Year’s Eve Hogmanay party that aims to replicate the excitement of Edinburgh’s world famous Royal Mile as the clock strikes midnight and we enter the New Year. This family-friendly shindig will feature a mix of traditional and contemporary Scottish music, Highland dancing, Scotch tasting sessions, enlivened by Scottish food and drink, outdoor skating and a fireworks display at midnight. Admission to this event is FREE.
Sparks Street will host its fourth annual New Year’s Eve Capital Countdown! Enjoy live music on Sparks Street starting at 8:00 p.m. with acts such as Silver Creek, Angela Marie and country music sensation Cold Creek County. Later on, watch the Maple Leaf Drop and fireworks light up the sky at midnight to welcome 2016. Admission to this event is also FREE.
If you are looking to spend the whole night indoors instead, there are many great places to have a delicious NYE meal, sip champagne and dance the night away. Here are just a few suggestions in the Ottawa region:
- The Wizard of Oz at the National Arts Centre (NAC). Why not get your New Year’s Eve started off with this entertaining Broadway production? Showing at 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 31, 2015, watch Dorothy and Toto in all the iconic moments of this cinema classic as it is brought to life on stage. Enjoy New Year’s with the little ones or see the show before heading out on the town! The Wizard of Oz is running at the NAC from Dec. 29, 2015 to Jan. 3, 2016.
- California Dreamin’ at the Ottawa Marriott Hotel. Enjoy live entertainment from DJ Ray Ray as well as California-inspired hors d’oeuvres from 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Then, ring in the New Year at midnight and take advantage of a delectable dessert bar. There’s even a complimentary California photo booth!
- Ottawa New Year’s Eve Charity Ball. Put on your tuxedo or your evening gown and head to the Ottawa Conference and Event Centre for this formal affair that offers a four-course meal, live music and dancing! You’ll also be supporting two local Ottawa charities: Children at Risk and QuickStart.
- Escape Manor presents The Bootlegger’s Ball. Ring in the New Year at a prohibition-themed party at the Farm Team Cellar on Sparks Street (just around the corner from Escape Manor on Queen Street)! Dress up in a prohibition-era costume – think Boardwalk Empire or Al Capone – and enjoy a champagne toast at midnight. Prizes will also be awarded for the best costumes of the evening. Advance tickets are cleverly priced at $20.16.
- Viva Vegas at Kinki Lounge Kitchen. From 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., enjoy champagne and a special New Year’s Eve menu at this Las Vegas-themed event. Afterwards, you’ll be entertained all night! Enjoy magic by Steven Lafond, burlesque performances and music long after the clock strikes 12.
- New Year’s Eve 2016 Hangover at Ritual Nightclub. Located in Ottawa’s bustling ByWard Market entertainment district at 137 Besserer Street, Ritual invites you to dance the night away with DJ Charlie B to Hip-Hop, R&B and Reggae beats. And if you’re a December baby, you’ll be added to the guest list! Just let Ritual know before the event.
- Pub 101 New Year’s Eve Club Crawl 2016. Hop on a bus at Pub 101 (101 York Street) and gain entrance to four of Ottawa’s hottest clubs and New Year’s Eve parties. Enjoy a costume contest, prizes as well as no cover and no lines at four different venues. Get on the party bus!
- New Year’s Eve dinner at Restaurant e18hteen. Enjoy a special four-course meal at this CAA Four Diamond Award Recipient restaurant. Wine pairings are also available.
- New Year’s Eve dinner at Signatures Restaurant at Le Cordon Bleu. Enjoy a delectable eight-course New Year’s Eve meal at this fine dining restaurant offering innovative French cuisine. Seating begins at 5:30 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve dinner at Beckta Dining & Wine. Settle in at 150 Elgin Street for a delicious three-course (early seating) or five-course (late seating) meal. Wine pairings are also available.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve with Santé Restaurant. Enjoy a four-course meal prepared by Chef Daniel Guerra while you relax to the Jazz sounds of the Garry Elliott Trio.
- New Year’s Eve dinner at Social Restaurant. Enjoy a delicious three-course meal at this ByWard Market restaurant. Dinner starts at $69 CDN and wine pairings are available.
- New Year’s Eve karaoke at the Shanghai Restaurant. Located at 651 Somerset Street West, the Shanghai is just east of Bronson Avenue. Enjoy food, drinks and sing along with China China Doll & Friends as you welcome 2016! Visit shanghairestaurant.com for more information.
- New Year’s Eve dinner at the Courtyard Restaurant. Enjoy a delicious three-course meal at this ByWard Market restaurant. A 6:00 p.m. seating and an 8:30 p.m. seating are available. Don’t miss Courtyard’s famous flourless chocolate cake and add a wine pairing if you like!
- Chocolat in the Théâtre du Casino. Head to the Casino du Lac-Leamy’s theatre to enjoy a New Year’s Eve party presented by local radio station Hot 89.9. Ring in the New Year with this chocolate-themed dance party. There will be delicious treats too!
- New Year’s Eve at ALÉA. Ring in the New Year with DJ Domeno’s electro-house mix at the Casino du Lac-Leamy’s nightclub! Enjoy a midnight countdown and entertainment by professional dancers. Visit ALÉA’s website for more New Year’s information.
- New Year’s Eve in the Hilton Lac-Leamy Ballroom. This event begins at 7:30 p.m. Enjoy cocktails, a buffet dinner and dancing to the midnight countdown with Ottawa band Fastlane, who will be playing a little bit of everything.
- New Year’s Eve dinner at Arôme. Head to this restaurant at the Casino du Lac-Leamy to enjoy a delectable three-course meal with a complimentary glass of bubbly! Seating begins at 5:00 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve at Nordik Spa-Nature. Looking for a unique New Year’s Eve experience? Relax in the thermal baths of North America’s largest nature spa while you enjoy music from a DJ until the clock strikes midnight. A delectable three-course meal with wine pairings is also available. Relax, sip and savour! Tickets will be on sale as of Nov. 19, 2015.
- New Year’s Eve dinner at Le Baccara. If you’re looking for a high-end meal on Dec. 31, this is where you’re going to find it! Enjoy a gourmet four-course meal with wine pairings or if you really want to kick it up a notch, opt for Baccara’s seven-course New Year’s Eve meal with wine pairings. No matter which one you choose, you’re sure to be happy and full by midnight!
Ottawa’s West End
- Sens Skills. On Dec. 31, 2015, at 11:00 a.m., catch Ottawa Senators players in this fun hockey skills competition. See players take part in events such as the puck control relay, the hardest shot, the fastest skater and more! This event takes place at Canadian Tire Centre.
- New Year’s Eve dinner at Perspectives Restaurant. Head to Perspectives at the Brookstreet Hotel to enjoy a special six-course meal. Wine pairings and a vegetarian option are available. Afterwards, enjoy live Jazz music by Miguel De Armas in the Options Jazz Lounge.
This list will be updated as more Ottawa New Year’s Eve Events are announced. So please stay tuned!