Tomorrow marks the first day of fall and naturally, a new season of fun events in Ottawa! Check out the list below to see what’s happening in the nation’s capital this weekend beginning Thursday, September 20th, 2018.
- Kick off your weekend early! Watson’s Mill will be open tonight (Thursday, September 20) at 5pm for the Night Shift – a monthly event offering free guided tours, a live concert and cash bar.
- On Friday, September 21, come for Beer and Bites at the Fairmont Chateau Laurier. Take in live music, sights of the Rideau Locks and of course, craft beer and “Street Style” small bites.
- Experience the ‘Best Little Fair in Canada’ tonight through Sunday, September 23 at the Carp Fair. Opening night only, admission is just $2.
- Hockey is back! The Sens return to the ice on Friday, September 21 for a preseason matchup, while the Ottawa ’67s host their home opener that same night and another weekend game on Sunday, September 23.
- Cheers to beer, Bavarian-inspired food, and live bands, including Sloan and Joel Plaskett, at Beau’s Oktoberfest on Friday and Saturday, September 21-22 in Vankleek Hill.
- Watch world-renowned mimes captivate visitors at Living Statues on Sparks from Friday to Sunday, September 21-23. FREE!
- Join RNation at TD Place on Saturday, September 22 for the REDBLACKS Family Day Game.
- Enjoy two days of all-you-can-play pinball and arcade machines at the 2018 Ottawa Pinball and Gameroom Show on Saturday and Sunday, September 22-23 at the Nepean Sportsplex.
- Take a trip to the Merrickville Artist’s Guild Studio Tour on Saturday and Sunday, September 22-23 to enjoy a self-guided tour of workshops by over 20 artists. FREE!
- Venture through Brewer Park for the 2018 Fall Tree Festival on Saturday and Sunday, September 22-23, and enjoy exquisite nature, art, guided walks, music performances, and workshops. FREE!
- The Canada Army Run takes over downtown Ottawa and Gatineau on Sunday, September 23. Run, walk, or cheer on this exciting annual event.
- Take in the fresh fall air and get moving outside! Enjoy Zumba on the Hill on Sunday, September 23 and Full Moon Yoga at Lansdowne Park on Monday, September 24. FREE!
- Saddle up at Casino Lac-Leamy! Grab your boots and ride the mechanical bull for country nights now until Saturday, October 20.
Don’t forget to share your pictures of this weekend on social media using #MyOttawa!
For more information on these events and others, see the Ottawa Tourism Events page.
All details provided for the above events are subject to change at the discretion of event organizers. Ottawa Tourism does not take responsibility for changes which may occur beyond our control.