Check out all the fun activities happening in Ottawa over the last weekend of April! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa April 28-30, 2017.
- Get your curd on at PoutineFest on Sparks Street! Now through Sunday, April 30, check out not only delicious variations of the classic Canadian dish, but street performers, beverages, and more!
- Visit the National Gallery of Canada for great films and programming at the Ottawa stop of the Canada’s Top Ten Film Festival National Tour! Screenings, receptions, and panels begin tonight, Thursday, April 27, and run until Sunday, April 30.
- Now until Tuesday, May 2, celebrate writing from across Canada and around the world at the Ottawa International Writers Festival: Spring Edition in various locations across the city.
- This Friday, April 28, check out the Canadian Museum of Nature for a great party at Nature Nocturne! Dress up for this month’s theme – The Life Aquatic.
- Head to the Horticulture Building at Lansdowne from Friday, April 28 to Sunday, April 30 to make a piece for the Populace exhibition! The Public Making Weekend will give participants a chance to create a ceramic feather, fleur de lis or rose to become part of the installation which will appear outside the Canadian Museum of Nature between June 17 and September 4, 2017 as part of the Ottawa 2017 festivities.
- Check out the opening weekend of the new exhibition at the Ottawa Art Gallery, Canada Canada: Photographs by Rip Hopkins. This exhibition, presented in collaboration with The Embassy of France and the British High Commission, explores the cultures of these two countries on daily Canadian life, using Ottawa as its canvas. The exhibition opens this Friday, April 28 and continues until Sunday, June 11.
- Become a chef at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum’s Pizza Party! This Saturday, April 29, learn about pizza ingredients and make a pizza snack – visit website for sign-up details.
- Enjoy a weekend of concerts at the Dominion Chalmers United Church with A Great piano recital under Candlelight on Saturday, April 29 and A Capital Celtic Concert with RCMP pipes, drums, and dancers on Sunday, April 30.
- On Sunday, April 30, watch as the Snowbirds perform aerial ballet at the Gatineau 2017 event AERO 150! This celebration of Canada’s 150th birthday will take place at the Gatineau-Ottawa Executive Airport.
- See ice skating superstars Kurt Browning, Patrick Chan, and Elvis Stojko at the Canadian Tire Centre on Sunday, April 30 as they headline the Stars on Ice show!
- Cheer on the Ottawa Senators as they continue their race for the Stanley Cup! They play the New York Rangers at the Canadian Tire Centre on Thursday, April 27 and Saturday, April 29. Or, head to the Sens Mile (aka Elgin Street) to watch their games at one of the great bars or restaurants. Go Sens Go!
Don’t forget to share your pictures of this weekend on social media using #MyOttawa!
For more information on these events and others, see the Ottawa Tourism Events page.