Take advantage of the last few days of summer with great things to do in Ottawa! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning September 12, 2019:
- Celebrate the launch of the National Arts Centre’s first season of Indigenous Theatre with performances, music, and much more at the Mòshkamo Indigenous Arts Festival with fun programming now until the end of the month. Many events are FREE!
- Hear great music at Lansdowne this weekend as CityFolk kicks off on Thursday, September 12! Check out great performances from the Strumbellas, Our Lady Peace, Leon Bridges, Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters
- Marvest, the “musical harvest” off-shoot of CityFolk, takes place Friday, September 13 and Saturday September 14 at cool venues around the Glebe. Don’t miss the Magic Marvest Bus to help you get to shows along Bank Street. FREE!
- Check out all the fun programming at the Casino du Lac-Leamy! Weekends starting Friday, September 13 until mid-October, enjoy the special Vegas themed nights! Kick off the special themed evenings with a full moon party on Friday, September 13 at ALÉA.
- Head to Orléans to indulge in sweet, sticky ribs at the Orléans Ribfest this Friday, September 13 to Sunday, September 15 at Centrum Plaza
- Garden Promenade kicks off Gardenlicious on Friday, September 13! Enjoy culinary experiences, activities, and more harvest-themed fun until September 22.
- East of Ottawa in Plantagenet, enjoy music, bean supper, Canadian Strongman/Strongwoman Championship, and lots of different types of baked beans at the Plantagenet Bean Festival from Friday, September 13 to Sunday, September 15!
- The Ottawa Senators kick off their season with autographs, prizes, and more at a FREE! Fan Festival on Saturday, September 14 at the Canadian Tire Centre! Don’t miss the team’s first home game on Wednesday, September 18 at the Canadian Tire Centre.
- The Ontario Festival of Small Halls takes place now until the end of the month with great local music and events across Eastern Ontario! Don’t miss The Chef’s Table: A local farm-to-table feast, this weekend and next at locations across Ottawa.
Don’t forget to share your pictures of this weekend on social media using #MyOttawa!
For more information on these events and others, see the Ottawa Tourism Events page.
All details provided for the above events are subject to change at the discretion of event organizers. Ottawa Tourism does not take responsibility for changes which may occur beyond our control.