It’s a busy weekend in Ottawa, filled with lots of great activities and events! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning July 18, 2019:
- Soldiers of the Ceremonial Guard put on a spectacular show at Fortissimo: Beating Retreat Ceremony nightly on Parliament Hill this Thursday, July 18 to Saturday, July 20. FREE!
- Head to the Casino du Lac-Leamy to check out their new theme Futuristik Nights – you’ll find sci-fi inspired evenings, a light sabre game, and lots of great techno tunes with futuristic dancers and robots on Fridays and Saturdays until the end of August.
- Learn about Lebanese culture at the Ottawa Lebanese Festival now until Sunday, July 21 at the St. Elias Cathedral!
- Watch the Ottawa Equestrian Tournaments at Wesley Clover Parks this weekend, with great daily events until Sunday, July 21.
- Check out carvers from across Canada, the U.S., and Europe at the Canadian Stone Carving Festival this Friday, July 19 to Sunday, July 21 on Sparks Street. FREE!
- It’s a busy weekend at Lansdowne with an ALABAMA concert on Friday, July 19, an Ottawa Fury FC game on Saturday, July 20, and the 2019 Ottawa Kombucha Festival (FREE! tickets available online) on Sunday, July 21.
- This weekend marks the fifth edition of the Capital Ukrainian Festival! Enjoy Ukrainian music, dance, food, and more at St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic Shrine from Friday, July 19 to Sunday, July 21. FREE!
- Visit the Canadian War Museum from Friday, July 19 to August 11 to check out the prizewinning photos in the World Press Photo 2019 FREE!
- Hop on the Au feel de l’eau Aqua Taxi for a ride on the Ottawa River! The service ferries passengers between the Ottawa locks and the Canadian Museum of History. Starting Friday, July 19, a new stop is added at the Richmond Landing!
- Check out the archaeology work that is currently underway on Parliament Hill this Saturday, July 20 and Sunday, July 21! FREE!
- Head to the ByWard Market neighbourhood for their first ever ByWard Beer Market! This Saturday, July 20 celebrate local craft brewers in the parking lot behind Lowertown Brewery. FREE!
- Sunday, July 21 head to the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum to enjoy a full day of ice cream fun at the Ice Cream Festival. Milk a wooden cow, make ice cream with an old-fashioned ice cream maker, and enjoy lots of samples and a DJ!
- Check out the Ingenium Big Move this Thursday, July 25 to see three iconic Canadian trains move to the Collections Conservation Centre next to the Canada Science and Technology Museum using temporary rail tracks! FREE!
- Don’t miss your last chance to enter the Canada in One City photo contest! Tag your great shots of Ottawa using #MyOttawa and #CanadaInOneCity or enter online before the contest ends on Friday, July 19.
Don’t forget to share your pictures of this weekend on social media using #MyOttawa!
For more information on these events and others, see the Ottawa Tourism Events page.
All details provided for the above events are subject to change at the discretion of event organizers. Ottawa Tourism does not take responsibility for changes which may occur beyond our control.