The final weekend of March is jam-packed with fun activities! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa from March 24-26, 2017.
- Visit the Ecology and Urban Agriculture Pavilion Hosted at the Moore Farm – the newest of the National Capital Commission’s Confederation Pavilions! Through September 21, learn about ecology and sustainable urban agriculture through various on-site special programming.
- Skate on the grounds of historic Rideau Hall, home and workplace of the Governor General, until Sunday, March 26. Bring your own skates this weekend from noon to 5:00pm for one final skate of the season!
- Today through Sunday, March 26, head to the EY Centre to find out what’s hot in home renovation, decoration, landscaping, and outdoor living at the Ottawa Home & Garden Show.
- Through Friday, March 31, check out great films from around the world shown in Gatineau theatres at the 19th annual Outaouais Film Festival.
- On Saturday, March 25, turn off your lights from 8:30pm to 9:30pm to take part in the global Earth Hour event, as a symbolic statement on the need to take action on climate change.
- Dance the night away at Ottawa Swingfest this Saturday, March 25 at the Canadian War Museum! Enjoy a 1940s-inspired night of dancing to live music, including dance instructors to help beginners!
- Check out the high-speed excitement of the Canada East Short Track Speed Skating Championships, this Saturday, March 25 and Sunday, March 26 at the Bob MacQuarrie Sports Complex!
- On Sunday, March 26, head to the Canada Aviation and Space Museum for the Timeless Classics concert, as part of their Music at the Museum series! Learn about the legacy of the Canadarm, the International Space Station, and much more while at the museum.
- Shop for vintage finds this Sunday, March 26 at the Ottawa Vintage Clothing Show, held at the Carleton University Fieldhouse.
- Listen to Canadian legend Tom Cochrane perform at the National Arts Centre, this Sunday, March 26.
- Finally, don’t miss a week full of JUNO Awards celebrations across Ottawa – although the awards show is on Sunday, April 2, don’t miss the great activities happening throughout the region this upcoming week!
Don’t forget to share your pictures of this weekend on social media using #MyOttawa!
For more information on these events and others, see the Ottawa Tourism Events page.