It’s hockey weekend in Ottawa! Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning December 15, 2017.
- The 2017 Scotiabank NHL100 Classic™ outdoor game sees the Montréal Canadiens take on the Ottawa Senators at Lansdowne on Saturday, December 16! Don’t miss all the fun programming surrounding the big game, including:
- The Senators Alumni Game sees Team Alfredsson play Team Phillips (teams are made up of Ottawa Senators alumni) on Friday, December 15 on Parliament Hill. FREE!
- A sledge hockey demonstration takes place on Saturday, December 16 on Parliament Hill. FREE!
- Free viewing of the outdoor game on Saturday, December 16 is offered on jumbo screens on Parliament Hill. FREE!
- The NHL100 Classic Pregame offers family-friendly hockey fun at Lansdowne on Saturday, December 16 and Sunday, December 17 and includes appearances from alumni, food, activation, and even a peek at the Stanley Cup itself! FREE!
- The Ottawa ’67s play the Gatineau Olympiques in an outdoor game of their own at Lansdowne on Sunday, December 17.
- Christmas in the ByWard Market continues this weekend with horse-drawn sleigh rides and Christmas carolling up until Sunday, December 17. FREE!
- Learn about Ottawa’s spooky side at a special Christmas-themed Haunted Walk! The Haunted Walk’s Nightmare Before/After Xmas explores the darker side of the festive season, offered this Saturday, December 16 and throughout the holiday season (check schedule).
- Santa Claus and the Grinch arrive at the Casino du Lac-Leamy and will be available every Saturday and Sunday in December for photos, as well as more holiday surprises. FREE!
- Enjoy the beautiful sounds of In Terra Pax, put on by the Ottawa Choral Society on Thursday, December 14 and Friday, December 15 at St. Joseph’s Parish Church.
- Enjoy Brunch with Santa at Wilfrid’s restaurant in the Fairmont Château Laurier on Saturday, December 16!
- The Ottawa Farmers’ Market hosts a special edition of their Christmas Market at the EY Centre this Saturday, December 16 and Sunday, December 17. Admission is FREE!, parking is $8.
- A brand-new exhibition, Butterflies in Flight, opens at the Canadian Museum of Nature on Saturday, December 16 and continues on into April 2018! Check out hundreds of live butterflies among flowering plants as you learn about these beautiful creatures.
Don’t forget to share your pictures of this weekend on social media using #MyOttawa!
For more information on these events and others, see the Ottawa Tourism Events page.