June 21-24, 2018
The Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival is a four-day celebration of the arts, sports, culture and heritage that attracts over 75,000 visitors late June each year.
The Festival, which now boasts 200 teams in competitive, corporate and community categories, is one of the hottest sporting and entertainment events in the Nation’s Capital.
Recognized as North America’s largest dragon boating festival the four-day celebration offers free admission to multiple stages with world class entertainment, marquee concerts, amusement attractions, sports demonstrations, a variety of artisans, exhibitors, delicious culinary treats, beach-side bar, children’s area and non-stop racing. This festival will take place at beautiful Mooney’s Bay Park on the Rideau River, June 21-24, 2018.
- The inaugural festival was held in 1994 with the assistance of the Hong Kong Canada Business Association.
- The festival has been celebrated in the Nation’s Capital for over two decades
- Boats have 22 participants including 20 paddlers, one drummer and a steersperson.
- The festival features a wide variety of performers on multiple different stages.
- The festival’s free concert series has presented world-renowned artists including The Sheepdogs, Arkells, Sam Roberts Band, Sloan, The Trews, Spirit of the West and Jeff Healey as well as today’s hottest new acts including Great Lake Swimmers, Born Ruffians, Hey Ocean! Said The Whale, PS I Love You, and the best local talent including Jim Bryson, Amos The Transparent, Monkey Junk, The Balconies, Craig Cardiff, Kalle Mattson, Lynn Miles and many more!
- The festival presents a vibrant children’s area that plays host to a wide assortment of crafts, music, science, puppets, clowns, games, animals, magic and amusement attractions.
- The City of Ottawa presented the festival with a Smoke Free Champions Award for its leadership as the first festival in Ottawa to be smoke-free and for creating a healthier environment for all to enjoy.
- The festival is the first to receive the Eco-Logo certification for its environmental initiatives.