June 20-23, 2019
The Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival is one of the hottest annual sporting and entertainment events in Canada’s Capital – and it’s FREE! Recognized as North America’s largest dragon boating festival, the four-day event also features popular musical acts, amusement attractions, sports demonstrations, a variety of artisans, exhibitors, culinary treats, beach-side bar, children’s area and non-stop racing. The festival takes place just south of downtown Ottawa at beautiful Mooney’s Bay Park – including its large beach – on the Rideau River.
This year’s concert lineup includes Half Moon Run, Alan Doyle, Jess Moskaluke, USS and much more.
- The inaugural festival was held in 1994 with the assistance of the Hong Kong Canada Business Association.
- The festival has been celebrated in the Canada’s Capital for over two decades
- Boats have 22 participants including 20 paddlers, one drummer and a steersperson.
- The festival features a wide variety of performers on multiple different stages.
- The festival’s free concert series has presented world-renowned artists including The Sheepdogs, Arkells, Sloan, The Trews, Spirit of the West, Jeff Healey, Great Lake Swimmers, Born Ruffians, Hey Ocean! Said The Whale, PS I Love You, as well as some the best local talent including Jim Bryson, Amos The Transparent, Monkey Junk, The Balconies, Craig Cardiff, Kalle Mattson, Lynn Miles and many more!
- The festival presents a vibrant children’s area that plays host to a wide assortment of crafts, music, science, puppets, clowns, games, animals, magic and amusement attractions.