This is Faya, your friendly Ottawa Tourism Assistant. Faya offers a fun, new and interactive approach to exploring Ottawa’s museums, cultural sites and top attractions for both Ottawa residents and visitors alike – let her put you to the test and see how many actions you can finish.
And yes, she is a French Bulldog!
Faya invites people to explore nearby sites, like a museum, and challenges you to complete a series of actions – called playlists – all while using Facebook Messenger. All you have to do is find Faya on the Ottawa Tourism Assistant Facebook page, send her a message and share your location for directions to the nearest playlist.
Once you’ve arrived, Faya will send you the playlist actions to complete. Simply take a photo or video of yourself completing the action – say for example, taking a selfie with a dinosaur – and send it back to her for verification. If you successfully complete three actions from the playlist, you’ll unlock a special badge! The goal is to see how many you can collect.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I find Faya on Facebook?
- Search Ottawa Tourism Assistant or L’assistant de Tourisme Ottawa and click “Send Message” to begin your experience with Faya.
- How do I complete another action?
- To move onto the next action in a playlist, type “new”
- How do I earn a badge?
- Complete three actions to earn a unique badge
- Where can I see my badges?
- All of your badges will be saved in Facebook Messenger. To see your badges, open your Messenger conversation with Faya and click “Shared Photos” in the right-hand column
- How do I find the playlist closest to me?
- Share your location for the closest engagement site and directions to get there
- What happens to the photos I share with Faya?
- Faya will verify photo submissions for authenticity and share them on a collective map at https://ottawatourism.playmc2.com .
- What if I run into a technical issue using the Ottawa Tourism Assistant?
- Type “reset” to reset the chatbot experience; if the issue persists please call MC2 Customer Support at 613-755-4049 for technical assistance.